Thursday, April 26, 2012

Paul Cuthbert celebrates 3 Years of SEO Content


This month marks the official anniversary of my entry into online marketing as a freelance writer and SEM consultant. Three years ago in mid April 2009 I began creating unique articles that are appearing all over the Internet. Working as part of an outsourced team of more than 70 professional writers my work appears under the names of fictional writers that are credited with the work that I have continued to produce over the past 36 months. In that time my skills as a writer have improved and so too has my ability to type. When I started writing professionally I was producing between 35 and 40 articles a week, but as I have grown in speed and proficiency I now turn out between 60 and 75 unique and original articles that are used to generate backlinks from publishing sites to the landing pages of my client's websites.

Although I am prolific and to date have delivered over 6,500 unique articles to the online publishing community I do not receive credit for my work as a writer because my name is pooled with others that are also writing for the same organization that outsources assignments to me. However if you look up the names Art Gib, Billings Farnsworth or Johnny Wik you will be able to see some of the articles that that I written for hundreds of clients of my 1099 employer. For about 9 months the supervisor that I reported to also added articles to the web under his name instead of giving credit to the individuals that were submitting work under his direction. Although he is a credited author and has written many articles himself a number of submissions for my work can be found under his name instead of under Paul Cuthbert. (Legally that's plagiarism, but there's nothing I can do as I was paid to write and compensated for my work.)

As for me I continue to generate content for the Internet and work to help people with their Internet marketing by offering website analysis and optimization in addition to writing supporting content for the search engines to index and reference. With the knowledge of search marketing and my own brand of SEO strategies I continue to move forward as I am happy to working from home doing something that comes naturally to me. So to celebrate three years of working in Internet marketing I am posting this article to my blog as part of my own marketing media strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment